Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Just A Little Self Esteem Issue, We've All Had One

Nah, I'm not weak. I'm not strong either.

So I better get going if I want that first place.

I've done my best to be a better person. Not for anybody else. Just for me.

I remember 2 years ago, a family friend told me, in a good way, that I still need to figure out who I am and what I'm supposed to do in life. (Melodramatic I know)

Well, we met again. He told me that I now need to stop worrying. And whenever I'm having difficulties with my decisions, I shouldn't go off doing bullshit and making things worse. He said, I should go perform Shalat Istikharah. Coz no matter how much I've sinned, God is always there to help me out.

It's a shame I can't talk to this guy everytime I need advice.

However God is always there.

He also mentioned something about how women can easily go to heaven. How women. Well, wives, can easily go to heaven. How? Well, by simply being a good partner to her husband, listening to his advice, helping him make decisions, being there when he needs a friend.

When he said that, I remembered a person I know who was complaining about how Islam is unfair. When I asked her why, she told me it was because of what she's heard. Apparently if a wife refuses to, well, do it with her husband and just rolls over, the angels will curse her throughout the night. She found such thing unfair to women.

Then again. Hey, I'm all about independence. I personally want to have my own job and be able to buy my own things with the money I've earned. The thing is, many women have confused the word "independence" with "Feminism". Seriously, the next girl I meet who claims that she doesn't nee a man, Imma smack her hard.

I've seen "Independent" women strutting around with their heads held high, but would turn around once hot guys pass guy.

Then the hot guy would just pass by them, not giving a crap.

Then they'd be confused coz they thought men LIKES independent women.

Then they'd come to a conclusion that all men are jerks.

Independent is being able to do your own thing without ignoring the fact that you're still a woman. Without ignoring the fact that you NEED men no matter what coz women can never be the leader of a family. Woman can make decisions, yes, but women need men to be their strength.

If you ignore all that, then you're not independent anymore. You're simply arrogant and men hate that.

Also, it's mentioned in the Qur'an that we're supposed to listen to what our husbands say. As long as what he tells you to do is good. Then again, if you pick a guy who tries to misguide you, then whose fault is that?

If you don't wanna stay at home after you get married, then compromise with your guy beforehand. Don't bitch afterwards.

If you're not yet married and already bitching bout how men will control women after marriage, then think again. Look at your parents and try to learn from them. Is your mother being controlled? No? Then the fuck are you bitching for?

In Islam, they only told women to wear appropriate clothes, be ladylike (as in don't wear shit or speak in such a way that portrays you as a ho) and listen to your husband. (If there are other things I've missed, please be sure then tell me). Women do not even have to bloody clean the house, cook, do laundry or scrub the bathrooms. For her to do all that for the husband is counted as good deeds.

If you don't wanna do that, then get a maid.

If you don't wanna get a maid, then it's on you.

If you can't get a maid because your husband doesn't make enough, then you gotta do it whether you like it or not. Coz again, marriage is about compromising. Your husband works so that he can bring home food and pay for your home and clothes. You keep the home comfy for both of you to live in.

I don't see a problem with that. Why do these women do?

And just because I'm on the men's side this time, doesn't mean they're off the hook. Some men are actually looking at things from their fucked up point of view.

Their plan is

to get married

keep the wife home

make babies

get new wives

So girls, your job is to stay away from this kind of men. To pray so that God keeps you away from this kinda men.

Don't just fool around and then whines in the end about falling for the wrong guy.

Just a thought =)

0 comments: